Movements

Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month

Track my O progress here

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
10 March 2003

There was a PTOC meet at Weston Bend yesterday. I reminded myself at the start that my goal for the year was consistency, and that I shouldn't push myself too hard today. I didn't want to get tired too early on the hilly course, and I'm still recovering from a cold. Better to be slow and steady, then push and make mistakes.

I was worried that my O techniques would be too rusty after a month off from competition. I was slow in the begining, but the training at Kill Creek the day before helped me get in to things quickly.

By the 4th control, I picked up Darron and Kerry, who had both started behind me. They are faster runners than I, but we managed to stay together through the rest of the course. It was fun to compete head to head, seeing if their route choice was better than mine. It was also fun to keep running in to Darron; I think he was frustrated that he couldn't get away from me! In the end Darron beat me, but I got Kerry by 30 seconds.

I was slow on a few legs, but I made no big mistakes, so I'm counting my hit rate as 100%. I'm glad I decided not to push too hard physically (although my quads were stiff this morning).

MT = 398/1000


posted by Mary 7:26 PM [edit]

Comments: Post a Comment