|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
11 January 2003
The first official meet of the new year was at Kill Creek today. I was worried because it was a long course (>7.5K). Looking at the course, however, it looked pretty easy with lots of running. I had a goal of 1.75X Mike's time.
I walked the first two controls, mostly to warm up. On the third control, I wandered a bit and did not have a clear plan of attack. I decided to call this control a "miss" even though I lost just under two minutes. I know that the route choice and execution should have been better.
I did well on the rest of the course, and hit each control cleanly. I was tired near the end, and took a rest stop for some gatorade and to blow my nose. Between my miss and my rest stop, I just missed my goal. But I was still pleased with my navigation, and I ran quite a bit of the course. I was out for 90 minutes, and was 1.79X Mike's time.
MT = 342/1000
posted by Mary 7:18 PM [edit]
|