Movements

Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month

Track my O progress here

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
14 December 2002

Mike and I went to Weston Bend for some O technique training. Mike had designed a 2K control picking course. One would think that I would be able to breeze through a short course like that, in a familiar area. One would be wrong.

I had a really bad day reading the map. I tried to make the terrain fit what I expected to see. I had trouble relocating. It was bad.

I've wondered in the past how I can get my mind "in" to orienteering on the days when I seem less motivated than I should be. Mike suggested that I look for a trick that instantly focuses my mind on O (such as look at my compass). I had a hard time thinking of something that would instantly bring my mind back to the task at hand.

But now, I think I may have the solution. All I have to do is remember how much my mind wandered today. If I think "Remember Weston Bend", that should do it.

I was in the woods for an hour.

MT = 290/1000


posted by Mary 8:28 PM [edit]

Comments: Post a Comment