|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
29 October 2002
Saturday 26 October 02
A local PTOC meet at Burr Oaks. I tried to treat it as an A meet; I warmed up, pushed the pace, tried to read the map well. I was nervous at the beginning. I passed Nancy at the first control, but we were together for most of the rest of the course. I spent too much time thinking about Nancy, instead of orienteering. I didn't make any big booms, but I wasn't as sharp as I wanted to be.
I took 80 minutes on the course, 1.67X Mike's time. I can see an improvement on my time relative to Mike, thanks to my increased fitness. I think I have to restate my goal to be less than 1.75X Mike's time from now on.
I just wish I had been sharper in the woods today. I'm nervous about putting together two good runs at the Champs next weekend.
MT = 780/1000
posted by Mary 7:26 PM [edit]
|