Movements

Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month

Track my O progress here

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
20 October 2002

Detroit 12-13 October 2002

Day One

The woods were a bit crappy (the start triangle was a bed of thorns) and my map reading was rough. It took a while to get in to the map. I never got into rhythm completely; I couldn't anticipate as well as I would like.

I made a few errors. One, an indistinct attack point. Two, rushing out of the control without checking the compass direction. I pushed the pace a bit (trying to keep my hR above 85% max). Maybe I should have slowed down and read the map more.

No huge booms, but I was still very diapointed in my time of 89 minutes for a 5.07K course

MT = 389/1000


Day Two

I wanted to do better today; read the map, and keep moving.

I did a decent job of reading the map, much better than day one. I got a little sloppy towards the end, when I was tired, and I knew I was near the end.

In the middle, the course went through a technical, thick area. It was a lot of fun; this is real orienteering. I walked very slowly through this area, to avoid mistakes.

I didn't push the pace as hard today; average HR was way down. Don't know if I was tired, or lazy. In the end, my time per K was almost the same both days. Day one was faster pace with mistakes; day two was slower pace with fewer mistakes. I'd like to be able to put together two fast, error-free days in a row.

I took 97 minutes for a 5.5K course.

MT = 486/1000




posted by Mary 5:14 PM [edit]

Comments: Post a Comment