|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
11 August 2002
Today was the third Corn Maze. Fritz set a great coourse, as usual. I haven't orienteered in a while, and it showed. I made silly mistakes, including following Mike without looking at the map. The most fun was at then end of the course. There was a small side maze laid out with hay bales. The trick: you could only make right turns in this maze. Your every move was watched by the other finishers, complete with heckling. Once you figured out that you needed to make three right turns to turn left, you could get through quickly. It took some of us longer than others to figure that out!
A lot of fun. I took 37 minutes at a good brisk walking pace (no running allowed). I don't know what my HR was, since my strap never worked at all today. Bummer.
MT = 291/932
posted by Mary 5:12 PM [edit]
|