Movements

Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month

Track my O progress here

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
24 March 2002
Today was cold and grey. I thought about going back to bed after breakfast, but then I checked the weather forcast. Thunderstorms this afternoon, snow possible tomorrow. If I was going to get any woods training in the next few days, it would have to be this morning.

So I went to Wyandotte and re-ran the course I did last Sunday. It was misting the whole time (I felt like I was orienteering in Ireland again!). The woods were SOOO much nicer than yesterday; it was nice to enjoy orienteering again. I tried some different route choices and checked my splits. Most of them made no difference. The biggest time saving came on legs where I had slowed down to navigate last week, and this week I went right to the control. Last week my time was 60:26; today was 55:29.

I went very slowly today, and hardly jogged. I was tired from yesterday. I have a long way to go to get into shape, and to be able to handle two hard days in a row.

TT = 55 minutes


posted by Mary 4:23 PM [edit]

Comments: Post a Comment