Movements

Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month

Track my O progress here

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
07 October 2001
The first O meet of the local season was held yesterday at Shawnee Mission Park. It was a beautiful day to be out in the woods. The woods weren't that thick and the spider webs were all gone.

I was pleased with my navigation today. In general, I was planning ahead, and paying attention to only the important details. I also did a good job of looking ahead at the terrain. Of course, I was still very slow due to my poor physical shape. I was able to jog a bit on the downhills and trails.

My time compared to the winner looks a little too good to be true (1.53). And it is. The course winner was Gene Wee. Now Gene is a good runner and orienteer, but he is not usually the course winner. Many faster orienteers did not compete (notably Mike and Gary Thompson).


posted by Mary 10:15 AM [edit]

Comments: Post a Comment