|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
31 March 2001
There was a Possum Trot meet at Landahl Park today. It was the first time I had been there. Somehow I always had something else to do the last two times they had meets there. Today there was a surprise waiting for me: instead of red being the longest course, they were offering a blue course! Ugh! I had to sign up for the 7.8K course.
I borrowed O shoes from Nancy, who saved me when I realized I had forgotten mine. The weather was cold and rainy at the start, but it quickly turned sunny and warmer. I did a good job of navigating and concentrating, for the most part. My legs died about half way through the course. I could barely walk up hill. By the last leg, I was so tired that I made a 90 degree mistake.
In the end, however, I just beat 2X Mike's time. Mike was 67:44, I was 133:02. Mike was not feeling well, and should have had a faster time. But I'll still count this as meeting my goal, especially since it was such a long course. I think Mike and I were both surprised that I managed to do that time on today's course.
posted by Mary 7:28 PM [edit]
|