| Movements | |
|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
17 March 2001
There was a local PTOC meet today at Longview Lake. I was surprised to find that the red course was only 3.5K. Bob Lane, the course setter, listened to early weather predictions for 6 inches of snow on the ground, and designed very short, safe courses. I pushed as hard as I could, considering my current shape, and the fact that the grass in the fields was as tall as I. There was also a lot of mud, and soggy ground to traverse. I'm glad I wore my neoprene socks. The fastest finisher, Gary Thompson, finished the course in 28 minutes; I took 52. So I was faster than 2X the winning time, and met my goal. I could tell that I pushed it today, because I fell down once. Mike says he falls down all the time; I rarely fall down. But I'm starting to fall more as I push the pace.
Comments:
Post a Comment
|