|
Tracking my wanderlust need to get out of town once a month Track my O progress here
|
19 February 2001
So, how well am I orienteering these days? Here are some courses and times. (I'll try to figure out a way to insert a chart on my blog, so I can update it as the year goes on.) As a frame of reference, let's start with last year's US Champs, held in November. Day One 4.3K 68:28 A good day for me, especially considering that I walk (rather than run). Day Two: 4.85K 87:11. A huge mistake on number two, and very tired from the previous day, leading to many small mistakes.
So far, in 2001:
Georgia A meet: Day one: 133:24. A 45 minute mistake on one control. Disaster! Day two: 95:56. A better orienteering day, but still tired and slow.
Burr Oak Woods Red course, 7.2 K, 128:30. (Mike was 56:26). Snow on the ground made for slow moving. Not many mistakes, however.
Tall Oaks Red course, 6K, 99:00. (Mike was ~50 minutes. He couldn't find a misplaced control.) A good day for me, but I was helped by Mike and Dan telling me where the controls were actually located, as opposed to where they were drawn on the master map. A small mistake on one control, but otherwise a good effort. Still walking, slowly.
posted by Mary 7:38 PM [edit]
|